Angela Corrieri, Professional Summary
© Copyright 2002-2012, Mobile Digital Systems, Inc.
Mobile Digital Systems, Inc.
Intelligent Detection and Surveillance Solutions
President, Mobile Digital Systems, Inc.
Ms. Corrieri has historically led her companies to be ahead of the technology curve to address current and emerging customer needs, especially with increased function, and lowering C-SWAP (Cost, Size, Weight, and Power) requirements. This has enabled Ms. Corrieri’s companies to maintain flexibility to better serve our customers.
Ms. Corrieri has a history of successfully commercializing new technology, including in the private sector, and has a history and commitment of leading her Teams to deliver to customers on time and on budget.
Ms. Corrieri has led Mobile Digital Systems, Inc. (MDS) to address technology challenges experienced by US Government and US Military. MDS is a subcontractor on $31 Billion in Military Contracts. This has been possible with the dedication of the MDS Team and MDS investors including Wilson Sonsini Goodrich and Rosati.
Prior to Mobile Digital Systems, Inc., from 1991 to 2002, Ms. Corrieri was Owner and President of a Software Development Company, successfully delivering Loss Prevention and Recovery systems to Top 100 U.S. Retailers. Systems enabled customers to prevent the loss of and recovery of millions of dollars annually. Customers included Nordstrom, Macy’s-East, Payless Drugs, and Tandy/ RadioShack.
From 1984 – 1991, Ms. Corrieri was Owner and President of an IT Systems Company, which provided Software, Hardware, Systems, and LANS/ WANS to customers, including Local Government, Community College, and Companies including Continental Can Corp, International Paper, Honeywell, CPA firms, Legal Firms, and Nordstrom. Ms. Corrieri was the co-architect of the Nordstrom Security Wide Area Network. Through Ms. Corrieri’s leadership, SCS was awarded the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award with IBM, in 1990.
As a Founder and Vice President of Operations for Trantor Systems, Ltd., Ms. Corrieri’s major achievements included the building of the company’s domestic U.S. and International distribution network to include 13 countries, with U.S. Dept of Commerce approval of export licenses within 6-8 weeks.
Ms. Corrieri began her technology career as a Computer Programmer at the Chevrolet Division of General Motors in Livonia and Detroit, Michigan. Ms. Corrieri developed software applications for Personnel and Manufacturing including Payroll and Material Handling Systems, and provided Support to End Users.
COMMUNITY SERVICE including:
Ms. Corrieri has demonstrated her Commitment to Community by devoting time and funds:
- Cecil College Entrepreneur Program, North East, MD. 2011-
- STEM Education White Paper: 2010
- Northeastern Maryland Technology Council, STEM Education Committee. 2009-
- Election Judge, Harford County, MD. 2008-
- Chairman, Citizen Corps Council, Anne Arundel County, MD., 2005-2006.
- Rotary International, Annapolis, MD and Fremont, CA.
- Disaster Preparedness Committee, Fremont Fire Dept., Fremont, CA.
- Oral Review Panel, Fremont Police Dept., Fremont, CA.
- Instructor of Computer Technologies, Ohlone Community College, Fremont, CA
PERSONAL AWARDS/ ACHIEVEMENTS, including: Paralyzed Veterans of America Award for Meritorious Service for time and funds contributed toward the adoption of accessible building and transportation standards for the disabled; General Motors Award for Excellence; and National Championships in Basketball and Table Tennis.
- Courses in Computer Architecture, Engineering, and Electronics; Networks and Networking; Communications; Software Design and Development; Electrical Engineering – Design of FPGA chips.
- Graduate, Astia- SF: IT Venture Series, 2003
- BS, Business Administration (Accounting/ Finance), Wayne State University, Detroit, MI.
- Computer Programming Certificate, Honeywell Institute of Information Sciences, MI.
Ms. Corrieri, has been an owner/ founder of four high-tech businesses started in Silicon Valley, leading them in delivering quality products and services, ensuring customer satisfaction, and company profitability.
Ø Mobile Digital Systems, Inc., formed in 2002 by Ms. Corrieri, Government and Systems Professionals, and other Investors, provides Technology Services and Products for Intelligent Detection and Surveillance for Military and Civilian Government.
Ø A Software Company.
Ø An IT Systems Company.
Ø A Hard Disk OEM, which was acquired by one of Silicon Valley 25.